Epic Paddle Sports Pty Limited ACN 619 949 754 (“Epic”) respects that your privacy is important to you. We value your trust in us and we are committed to protecting your privacy.
1. Collection and Use of Data
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for a Epic account on our website or buy any product or service from Epic, we ask you for personal information, including credit card information. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other Epic services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services including marketing our products and services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information. If you are unwilling to provide information requested by us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will discuss your concerns.
- Log information – When you access Epic services via an internet browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to Epic, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, where applicable, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless carrier associated with the phone number, the content of the message, and the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
- Epic communications – Epic may send you service announcements, administrative messages, newsletters or other messages from time to time, using your personal information.
- Other sources - From time to time Epic may collect information from other sources. If this occurs we will take reasonable steps to advise you.
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services (including advertising services) and develop new services; and
- Protect the rights or property of Epic or our users.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Epic processes personal information on our servers in Australia and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information outside your own country.
You can use Epic’s account management settings to review and control the information stored in your Epic account (if any).
3. Information sharing
Epic only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Epic in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent which may be express, or implied by your conduct.
- We have a reasonable belief (determined in our sole discretion) that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process (including but not limited to subpoena or order for discovery) or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable terms of service, including but not limited to the Epic Terms and Conditions, including investigation of potential violations of these, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Epic, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
Your account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to work with us to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer by signing off once you have finished using a shared computer. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) for registration Epic encrypts that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Epic follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once Epic receives it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while Epic strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We restrict access to personal information to Epic employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination (if we consider this appropriate in our sole discretion) and possible criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
5.Accessing and updating personal information
When you use Epic services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort which we will determine in our absolute discretion. If you wish to delete your personal account information, please email us at help@Epic.com.au. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.